Advisor. Connector. Writer.
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Years in P.R.
Press releases written.
Trips to Paris.
Hours of French tutoring.
What my clients say
- "In the past year, I've twice seen Alyssa Burns present to meetings of the Independent Writers of Chicago (IWOC). Alyssa's strength as a presenter is a thoroughgoing knowledge of her material; a polished presenting style, and the trademark sense of humor she brings to any program she helms. A quick wit, nimble mind and disciplined public speaking style are all on wonderful display when Alyssa rises to the dais. She’s the perfect choice for any organization in need of a dynamic and informative speaker or moderator." -Jeffrey S., IWOC Board of Directors, Writing & Editing Consultant
- "Alyssa is a communications powerhouse and exceptional leader. I’ve personally experienced her gifts as both a peer and a client, and I know firsthand that expertise, empowerment, and dedication are words that define Alyssa’s leadership style in all of her professional and mentoring relationships. She is a talented connector with a distinct ability to forge relationships from the C-suite to the college students she teaches. Once under Alyssa's wing, you have someone who is a constant champion and consistently goes above and beyond with support." -Kate S., KSS Coaching
- "Alyssa’s breadth of experience is fueled by both creativity and talent. An exceptional writer, communicator, and relationship builder, Alyssa’s impact goes beyond the amazing work she does to help drive her clients’ success. I hired Alyssa to update my website and marketing messages with more compelling content. She collaborated with me, guided me, and made me comfortable throughout the process. By inspiring me and sometimes challenging me, Alyssa helped me generate new ideas and create content I’m proud of. I highly recommend Alyssa for any writing project. She’s able to balance a strategic approach with creativity and the ability to use your own voice." -Jill F., The Possible Life
- "Alyssa knows her stuff. I've had the pleasure of working with her on a comprehensive website writing project for a local CPA firm as well as a blog series for the technology practice of a top national CPA firm. It's impressive the breadth of topics Alyssa can effectively write about and her ability to change style as needed based on the client. Her turnaround time is also fantastic.” -Art K., President, Kuesel Consulting
- "When we needed a true media relations professional to help us create a reputation management strategy for a key client, Alyssa was the perfect choice. She did a thorough analysis and gave us a 360-degree view of the issues, offering wise, practical advice that we were able to implement right away. Also, Alyssa's turn around time was impeccable. Her recommendations and support made it possible for us to handle existing challenges with confidence while planning for future needs.” -Betsey O., Desire Path Marketing
- "Alyssa consulted with my company, Modernplum, on the development and execution of public relations and marketing materials in support of the NY NOW trade show and as a company spokesperson at the show. In these roles, Alyssa was a dependable professional who displayed attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and a creative streak in both writing and interpersonal communications. She was an excellent team player and a huge asset for the duration of this project.” -Allison W., Modernplum
- "Alyssa is a true expert in marketing communications who is always responsive and attentive. She managed a wide range of challenges for me including press releases, blogs, website copy and marketing campaigns very effectively and efficiently. On top of that, she is a lot of fun and incredibly easy to work with. Alyssa is my go-to person in this area, and I would recommend her for any public relations/marketing project.” -David A., Software and Analytics Entrepreneur, Founder of JiSu
- "Alyssa is a true pleasure to work with. She is a talented writer, and is able to develop strong brand messaging through multiple sources of company information. As my mentor, Alyssa has shared her excellent communication and networking skills. She has the exceptional ability to effortlessly balance professional relationships with a personal touch.” -Angela W., Radiant Marketing
Get In Touch.